The Crown Chakra is the most subtle of the seven main Chakras, because of the relationship to pure Consciousness. This Chakra is where all of the other Chakra emanate from. When the practitioner is able to raise the Kundalini Shakti to this Chakra, a state of Nirvikalpa Samadhi is experienced. This Chakra is associated with inner wisdom, end of physical attachments, release of all Karma, end of illusions, the Guru within. There are five minor Chakras located within this Chakra - Mahanada Chakra, Nirvana Chakra, Guru Chakra, Bindu Chakra and Soma Chakra.
- Sahasrara means "thousand" or "infinite"
- This Chakra is the seventh Chakra
- Color: Purple
- Mantra: AUM
- Balancing Stones and Crystals: Amethyst, Opal, Selenite and Sugilite
- Essential Oils: Lavender, Frankincense, Sandalwood, Rose, Lotus, Cedarwood, Spikenard, Palo Santo and Helichrysum
- Location: This Chakra is located at the crown of the head
- Gland: Hypothalamus
The Chakra symbiology
- Also known as the Thousand Pedaled Lotus.
- Associated with the transcendence of our limitations.
- The quality of awareness that comes with this Chakra is universal, transcendent.
Signs of a balanced Chakra
- Awareness of higher consciousness.
- Realization, liberation from limiting patterns.
- Connection with the formless and the limitless.
- Communion with higher states of consciousness.
- Ecstasy and bliss.
Issues associated with an imbalance in this Chakra
- An overactive Chakra could manifest as a disconnection with the body.
- Obsessive attachment to spiritual matters.
- Being disconnected from your body and earthly matters.
- Cynicism regarding what is sacred.
- Closed mindedness.
Other names this Chakra is referred to as
- 7th Chakra
Practices for the Crown Chakra
The following practices are intended to clear and balance this Chakra. We encourage you to use these practices individually or combine them together for a more effective practice. This practice is sometimes referred to as Sahasrara Yoga.
Asanas for this Chakra
Hasta Mudras for this Chakra
Mantra for this Chakra
The Bija Mantra or seed Mantra for the Chakra is AUM. Chanting this Mantra during practices and while in a walking state will help to clear and balance this Chakra. While chanting this Bija Mantra, visualize the color purple at this Chakra.
Color therapy for this Chakra
- Wearing clothing in the color purple is good way to use the sense of sight to help clear and balance this Chakra.
- Preform Shavasana or lay down on the back, place a gemstone that is associated with this Chakra at the Chakra.
- While Meditating, visualize the color purple coming from this Chakra.
- Eating purple fruits and vegetables. Negatively Pranic foods or night shades such as peppers and eggplant should be avoided.
- If you have a practice room, hang purple sheets on the walls during your practice.