The Heart Chakra is known as the center of unbeaten sound or Shabda Brahman or the Cosmic sound. A sound that is not caused by two objects hitting each other. This Chakra is associated with the immune system, compassion, unconditional love, tenderness, balance and equilibrium.
- Anahata means "unstruck" or "unbeaten"
- This Chakra is the fourth Chakra
- Color: Green
- Mantra: YAM
- Element: Air
- Balancing Stones and Crystals: Emerald, Green Jade, Rose Quartz, Aventurine and Malachite
- Essential Oils: Jasmine, Rose, Neroli, Majoram, Lemon, Eucalyptus, Chamomile and Lavender
- Location: This Chakra is located at the heart
- Gland: Thymus
The Chakra symbiology
- The Lotus with twelve petals represents the Divine qualities of the heart - compassion, empathy, harmony, bliss, peace, love, understanding, clarity, purity, unity, kindness and forgiveness.
- The center of emotions and feelings.
- The Prana of this Chakra flows up towards spiritual consciousness, our feelings are expressed as Bhakti or divine love and devotion.
- The tip of one triangle points upward while the tip of the other points down.
Signs of a balanced Chakra
- Compassion and empathy for others.
- Forgiveness and acceptance towards others.
- Compassionate discernment.
- Love for yourself and others.
Issues associated with an imbalance in this Chakra
- Inability to give or receive freely.
- Suspicion and fear.
- Holding grudges.
- Being overly critical towards yourself and others.
Other names this Chakra is referred to as
Practices for the Heart Chakra
The following practices are intended to clear and balance this Chakra. We encourage you to use these practices individually or combine them together for a more effective practice. This practice is sometimes referred to as Anahata Yoga.
Asanas for this Chakra
Hasta Mudras for this Chakra
Mantra for this Chakra
The Bija Mantra or seed Mantra for the Chakra is YAM. Chanting this Mantra during practices and while in a walking state will help to clear and balance this Chakra. While chanting this Bija Mantra, visualize the color green at this Chakra.
Color therapy for this Chakra
- Wearing clothing in the color green is good way to use the sense of sight to help clear and balance this Chakra.
- Preform Shavasana or lay down on the back, place a gemstone that is associated with this Chakra at the Chakra.
- While Meditating, visualize the color green coming from this Chakra.
- Eating green fruits and vegetables. Negatively Pranic foods or night shades such as peppers should be avoided.
- If you have a practice room, hang green sheets on the walls during your practice.