In Sanskrit, Akash means “sky" or "space" and Mudra means “gesture.” This practice is seen as the best gesture to control the air element in the body. This hand gesture is often used in Ayurveda as well as spiritual practices of Yoga.
Benefits of Akash Mudra
- Increases the air element.
- Removes anger, sorrow and fear.
- Detoxifies the body.
- Eases discomfort from overeating.
- Relieves arrhythmia, chest pain and high blood pressure.
- Activates the Vishuddhi Chakra.
- Helps to develop noble and elevated thoughts.
- Helps to develop intuition and extra sensory powers.
Other names this Mudra is referred to as
- Aakaash Mudra
- Aakash-Vardhak Mudra
- Akasa Mudra
- Aakash Mudra
- Throat Chakra Mudra