In Sanskrit, Chinmaya means "awareness," "full of knowledge" or "pure wisdom" and Mudra means “gesture.” This practice promotes good physical and mental health.
- Bring the tips of the thumb and index finger together.
- Curl the other four fingers into the palm.
- Place the palms on the upper thighs.
- The palms can face upward or downward.
- Practice for at least 15 minutes daily. Hasta Mudras can be practiced for up to 45 minutes daily.
Benefits of Chinmaya Mudra
- Promotes flow of Prana or life force energy to the torso.
- Positively impacts the energy in the thoracic region.
- Promotes breathing in the midsection of the lungs.
- Improves digestion.
Other names this Mudra is referred to as
- The Gesture of Awareness